- This event has passed.
Delta Phi Epsilon 2018 Symposium
April 6 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Assessing Shifts in the International Order
UPDATE: This event has been rescheduled. Our Saturday members meeting and elections will take place Friday evening. Our Friday conference has been rescheduled for our summer speakers series. See our event calendar for details.
Join us for the Delta Phi Epsilon Foreign Affairs Council’s first Annual Symposium, a two-day conference exploring emerging issues in international affairs and trade.
This year’s theme, “Assessing Shifts in the International Order,” asks if the international system is facing a change in the balance of power and what this means for U.S. foreign policy. The symposium will answer this question from a variety of perspectives, including security, public health, and business.
To reserve tickets, scroll to the bottom of the page. This conference has two ticket categories:
- Council Members: Free for both days (check email for access code and instructions). To become a member, go to dpeforeignaffairs.org/join.
- General Public: $10 admission to all public sessions on April 6. $15 for admission plus lunch.
All proceeds go to supporting the Council’s Student Research Award, our annual merit scholarship program.
Friday, April 6 (NEW SCHEDULE – COUNCIL MEMBERS ONLY)
UPDATE: Our conference panels have been rescheduled for our summer speaker series. See our event calendar for details.
Saturday, April 7 (CANCELLED)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have questions, you can email our Symposium Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s the refund policy?
We will refund paid tickets after receiving a request at email@example.com. Because we have limited seating, we can only honor refund requests made at least 7 days before the conference.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Sorry, tickets are not transferrable!
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
It isn’t. Please double-check your registration information before purchasing. If are trying to transfer your ticket to a friend, please contact us for a refund at least 7 days in advance of the event and then have your friend register separately.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The Elliott School is easily accessible by car and public transportation:
- By Car: If coming from Northern Virginia, take the I-66 exit for E Street. From Maryland, take Connecticut Avenue south to New York Avenue NW. The nearest public parking garage can be found at 1776 G Street NW. For university parking options, see transportation.gwu.edu/visitors.
- By Metro: The Elliott School is within walking distance of the Foggy Bottom-GWU and Farragut West Metro stations (Orange, Blue, and Silver Lines).
- Capital Bikeshare: The nearest Bikeshare station is located near the corner of 20th and E Streets, NW.